Welcome to the home of the monthly color challenge!
I started this challenge as a way to encourage myself to step outside my comfort zone with regards to color – unusual pairings, colors that I wouldn’t ordinarily choose to work with, or just plain beautiful color palettes that I wouldn’t have thought of on my own.
You can participate, too – and we’d love to have you!
Here’s how it works:
- Towards the end of each month I post three sample color palettes from the Design Seeds website for you to vote on.
- The winning color palette is revealed a few days later, along with the floss colors that I will be using. This is a very flexible challenge, and I promise that you won’t get booted off the island if you choose a different shade of green!
- While my own project is typically needlework (embroidery or cross stitch), you can create whatever you want! Polymer clay, papercrafting, sewing – as long as you stay within the chosen colors, anything goes!
- Add photos of your project to the group’s flickr page by the end of the challenge – the last day of the month. We love to see progress photos, so don’t be shy about adding pictures!
- Once the month has ended, come back to Crafty Sheep to see a roundup of all your wonderful projects.
Click on each picture to see a roundup of all the projects done for that month’s color palette.
October 2012 – Peppercorn Reds
September 2012 – Fallen Hues
July 2012 – Color Breakfast
April 2012 – Sweet Neon